The usa does not have a foreign coverage, it has a business enterprise program, and it’s company as typical in the Biden administration. Joe Biden promised his donors that nothing would essentially adjust in his administration. Kamala Harris stated her agenda wasn’t about substantive improve. So what we’re receiving less than the Biden/Harris group is eminently predictable:
- More blank checks for Israel, and no recognition of any legal rights for Palestinians.
- A revival of the outdated Chilly War, with China as the top “threat” but with Russia not overlooked.
- Politics subordinated to the military services, instead than the navy in company of political aims. In transient, military services dominance is America’s international coverage.
- Linked to the first three factors is dominance of the world’s trade in weapons. The Point out Section has turn into a very small branch of the Pentagon and the military services-industrial complicated. It is all about closing arms specials, transferring hardware, providing weaponry, earning a buck.
- Normally, one of Biden’s 1st functions as president was to bomb a overseas place, in this scenario Syria. So presidential!
In Joe Biden, The us has a fading and flailing guy to guide a fading and flailing empire. In Kamala Harris, The us has an case in point of outdated wine in new packaging. She’s a female, she’s Black, she’s South Asian — and she thinks like Hillary Clinton and Henry Kissinger.
Try to remember when Joe Biden reported he’d be all about diplomacy? That the power of America’s case in point would rule above the case in point of our ability? Great words and phrases, but that’s all they’ve been so far. Words.
Two examples where by Biden has appeared to offer meaningful adjust are with Afghanistan and Yemen. With Afghanistan, Biden has promised a comprehensive armed service withdrawal by 9/11/2021. But does this implement only to overcome troops while excluding mercenaries, the CIA, specific forces “trainers,” and the like? It’s not but distinct. Additionally anything can transpire involving now and 9/11 for Biden to change gears and maintain some fight troops in place.
With Yemen, Biden made a stage about excluding offensive arms income to Saudi Arabia though however allowing for defensive types. Almost any weapon can be labeled as defensive in nature, so it’s uncertain whether or not Saudi functions in Yemen will be impacted at all by Biden’s weasel-term policies.
The Biden/Harris overseas plan, these kinds of as it is, is retrograde. It’s a return to the Cold War, with an emphasis on new nuclear weapons and bigger Pentagon budgets. It is about world dominance whilst The us at residence burns. It is silly and silly however it will make a number of folks richer for a couple of extra enterprise cycles.
And hence it’s company as typical in Washington, which is just what Biden/Harris were employed for.